Contacts Sync - Synchronize Outlook Contacts with Gmail - Support / FAQ
- Outlook versions supported: (both 32 bit and 64 bit) Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013
- Users of Android Phones, iPhones, Tablets, Blackberry Playbook can use Contacts Sync to transfer Outlook Contacts to Gmail and then sync your phone with Gmail.
- Contacts Sync works with any Gmail account as well as Google Apps (both free and paid) account.
Troubleshooting | For Technical Support / Feedback / Wishlist / Customization, Fill in this Contact form, If necessary, we can even schedule a Gmail chat to resolve any issues. Please fixup a time to chat, in advance. Or click on "Live Chat" button (when available) to chat now.
1.Error: "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"
This can happen if you have .NET Framwork 4.0 without the older versions of the .NET framework. Download and install .NET Framework 3.5 to fix this problem. If that does not fix, seach in Google for possible solutions or email us.
2. Error: "Check username and password.. Invalid Credentials"
Solution: If you are sure you have entered your Gmail username and password correctly, then after entering/modifying Gmail username and password, make sure you click "Save Settings" button. Contacts Sync first needs to store your Gmail settings before starting the sync. If 2-step verification is turned on in your Google Account settings, do not use the password that you get by voice/text message, you must create a application specific password and use that in Contacts Sync. Learn more about this from Google.
3. Contacts Sync transfers Outlook contacts to Gmail's "Other Contacts" but the contacts are not seen in Android phone.
Option 1: Upgrade to Contacts Sync Pro version. If you prefer to use Free version, you can easily do a one-time task of moving all contacts in Gmail to "My Contacts" from the Gmail Contacts screen. Alternately change Contacts display settings in your Phone to include Gmail's Other Contacts group..
You need to modify the Display settings in Android phone inorder to view all contact groups from Gmail. Here is how:
Navigate to Contacts and then go to Menu -> Display Options. Here you can select each account and also select the Groups that you want in your contacts in Gmail to show up on your Android Contacts list. Typically tick "All other Contacts". You may also need to modify "Accounts & Sync" settings to sync the right contact group in your Android phone.
4. Error: Invalid Credentials and a message popup "-24147,12"
Contacts Sync is unable to decrypt the password you have entered. This has been fixed in Contacts Sync v3.1. Try this Workaround: Use 2-step verification for your Gmail account and create application specific password and then copy the password generated by Google and paste into Contacts Sync password box. Save Settings and try sync again. If this workaround doesn't work, use a newer version of Contacts Sync Free or Pro.
5. Selecting a Outlook Contacts Folder: The pull down menu extends beyond the right side of the available window. This hides the down arrow of the pull down menu.
This can happen when the name of your Outlook Contacts folder is very long. Just click on the pull down menu and press the down/up arrow key and you should be able to select the folder. Or try to rename the outlook contacts folder which has a long name and then click Load Default Folder again and now you should be able to see the down-arrow of the pull down menu and you can now choose the folder using your mouse.
6. Error: Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155).
Error is related to a corrupt MS-Outlook/MS-Office component. Try MS-Outlook/MS-Office Repair Try the following:-
Outlook automatic diagnose and repair: In Outlook 2007, there is an option is to run Office Diagnostics. This built-in tool runs a series of tests and repairs many common Outlook program errors. To use this tool, simply go to:
Help -> Office Diagnostics > Continue > Start Diagnostics and then follow the prompts to fix any found Outlook errors.
For Outlook 2010:
Open up the Control Panel on your PC (and show All Control Panel items, if necessary) and
Click on Programs and Features
Find Office 2010 in the list and highlight it
Press the Change button
Select Repair and press Continue and following the prompts
After the repair is finished, please try Contacts Sync again.
7. Outlook Security Warning: A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook.. .... Allow/Deny access...
Under certain conditions, installing an antivirus program and keeping it updated regularly might prevent this security warning from appearing again. The conditions are as follows:
1. Your antivirus software must be updated regularly.
2. "Windows Security Center" in your PC should be configured to identify your antivirus software and should report its status as ON. Outlook first checks for the current status of antivirus software by querying the Windows Security Center.
3. Open Outlook Trust Center, open the Tools menu and then to Options and click Trust Center. In the Trust Center, click Programmatic Access. The following option is set:
"Warn me about suspicious activity when my antivirus software is inactive or out-of-date (recommended)"
* Outlook relies on the Windows Security Center to check for the presence of the antivirus software and update its status.
* If your antivirus software subscription expires or is inactive, you might get the security warning again when a program tries to access Outlook.
8. Error message in Log: Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages you have opened or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing.
You will get this when you are connected to MS-Exchange server and when your Outlook connections are limited due to policy. Contact us to get an upgrade to fix this issue.
"Excellent customer service puts a sterling finish on
the face of your company!" - Brian Bass